Saipan, the first days

Discussions about published Godlike scenarios such as "Donar's Hammer," "One O'Clock Wake-Up" and "Saipan".

Re: Saipan, the first days

Postby countrysamurai » Thu May 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your reports along the way Gustav. I've really enjoyed reading. I had the same reaction to the last encounter that your players did and argued against playing them in that order for that very reason. Overall, I found Saipan to be an outstanding campaign to play.
countrysamurai

Postby maxvale76 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 pm

I know I am YEARS late to this thread and I don't know if you still check these boards Gustav....but thanks so much for these session reports! I do so love to hear about gaming in the Pacific Theatre; which along with North Africa I like SO MUCH MORE than the ETO; which seems like 99% of WW2 gaming (RPGs or Board games) takes place!

-Max
maxvale76

Postby Gustav » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:11 pm

I am still checking these fora once in a while even if it is rather dead, I had acctually hoped the forum would get a little revival with the new edition. Glad to hear that you like the report, it was fun playing the scenario but unfortunatelly Godlike havent seen much play since. I agree that ETO gets to much of the fokus, as a europeean I have a lite bit less interest in the PTO but like you really like the NATO and lately the eastern front.
//Gustav
Gustav

Postby Shane Ivey » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 am

For American audiences at least, I think the ETO is always popular because western Europe is more familiar than many other theaters of the war, and because of course that's where the Americans did their fighting when they finally entered the European war.

The next Godlike projects cover the Normandy campaign -- more in the ETO -- and the the beginning of the end of the North Africa campaign in Operation Torch. After that Allan Goodall plans a Stalingrad campaign, which ought to be very, very cool.
Shane Ivey
Site Admin

Postby Gustav » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Guess the italian front will be the forgotten front forever. No glory there I guess just slow progress and stubborn Nazi defense.

Operation Torch... Long awaited, cant wait to see what it will be like after all these years. Stalingrad would be a cool, but I guess very deadly setting.
//Gustav
Gustav

Previous

Return to "Godlike" Adventures