First Game

Superhero roleplaying in a world gone mad!

First Game

Postby Gryphynx » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:45 am

Well, first game finished, we had a great time, but ran into more than a few snags which required be to ad-hoc the rules a bit until post game when I could look up things. A lot of confusion on the Height of a roll, and the Height of matching sets, and a lot of defense problems where people thought they had defense, but didn't (at least not at a decent level).

Most of the characters will be re-made to offset the learning curve some. Added some new rules, including No Archetypes, Sources, Permissions (requiring everyone to have Themed characters and No Willpower No Way for 0 points). Also requiring that no more than half the point total be in super powers, and that everyone starts with 2d in all stats and 2d in Language (English)... (64 of the 256 points).

This hurts some people, like the 160 point Telekinesis character who now has to have his powers for 128 points total, but hoping to see more character-usage and less power-usage in the game... That and people were all making 10HD Defense characters as soon as we were suggesting re-building... Hoping to avoid too much min maxxing this way (not that I mind min maxxing, I excel at it even, but just not 'too much', everyone having 10HD defense would kinda complicate things a bit much)...

Will post the characters before the game next month.
Gryphynx

Re: First Game

Postby Shane Ivey » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 am

Did you have any questions afterward that I could help with?
Shane Ivey
Site Admin

Re: First Game

Postby Gryphynx » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:44 am

Not really, we just noticed that HD are a bit more powerful than we're happy with... we've worked out not only a new house rule to deal with it, but, again, are making new characters (well modifying) to adjust to these new rules. :P
Gryphynx

Return to "Wild Talents" General