Furnace 2008

We want to hear all about your "Monsters" adventures.

Furnace 2008

Postby ElaineM » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:11 pm

I ran my first game of Monsters at Furnace this weekend. Andy, Harriet, Sue and Mik were all first time players.

Josh's monster was called Slug, a giant... well, slug, who liked sliming around and crushing things. He hid as a booger in Josh's nose. Sally's monster was Custard, a big yellow oversized puppy with jaws and very sharp teeth, who could shoot laser beams from his eyes. Lucas's monster was Mr Bushy, a HUGE scary walking tree with sharp and pointy teeth, who hid by standing very still and pretending to be a bush. Jack's monster was Spikey, a six-legged, very fast purple reptile with a thick scaly hide and teeth that burnt.

The kids had a new scary science teacher, Mr Stein, who liked electricity a bit too much. Spikey and Custard started fighting, and Slug ate the electricity generator in class whilst Mr Stein was distracted, and glowed for the rest of the lesson. Mr Stein had a robot kidnap Sally from the playground to get to her monster. Sally screamed and screamed and screamed. Custard and the other kids ran off school grounds to rescue her, and then the monsters ate the robot. Leaving school grounds got them into Trouble because the headmistress didn't believe them, so Custard blew up Mr Stein's car with his laser eyes. When the kids got home they were grounded.

The local games store trader, who was at the con, brought 3 copies each of the main rulebook, Curriculum of Conspiracy, and Candlewick Manor with him. Within an hour of the game ending, all 9 books were sold :)

Monster pictures coming once I get to a scanner!
ElaineM

Re: Furnace 2008

Postby Shane Ivey » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Eeexcellent. :twisted:
Shane Ivey
Site Admin

Postby ElaineM » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:52 am

The pictures! These were photographed rather than scanned, so quality isn't as good as it could be, but you get the idea :)

ElaineM

Postby Evilgaz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:35 am

Nice one Elaine.

The negative effect of your game was one of the players still talking like a 7 year old when I asked how it went half an hour later (while she was buying all the books for Monsters...)!

Next stop Dragonmeet.
Evilgaz

Return to What Did You Do Today?