Some questions

Superpowered adventure in a "Strange" Victorian age!

Some questions

Postby Bagelson » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:45 pm

I've been reading through the book for a while now, and I've come across a few things I wonder about. Probably nothing big to you guys.

1. Are consequences universal for the stress tracks? That is, if a player has already filled his allotment of trifling consequences with physical ones, can he no longer take a mental trifling consequence? (assuming an equal amount of p and m consequences)
2. Under Advancement, is there a difference between the Chapter reward "Earn one skill point" and the Story reward "One skill point"?
3. Under Advancement, when you get one story advancement from the volume advancement, do you also get the refresh from the story adv. (that is, do you get a total of two refresh)?
4. At what point should difficulties start getting power tiers? Would it be reasonable to take a +7 difficulty climbing test and make it +3 (E) instead or does it require that the climbing surface is squamous to increase the tiers?
5. How should an attack with the Spray or Zone Extra affect a unit of minions?
Bagelson

Re: Some questions

Postby LisaPadol » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:59 pm

1. Are consequences universal for the stress tracks? That is, if a player has already filled his allotment of trifling consequences with physical ones, can he no longer take a mental trifling consequence? (assuming an equal amount of p and m consequences)

Unless there's some trapping or tier benefit that says otherwise, you get ONE consequence at each level -- trifling, middling, and grievous. So, if you take a trifling physical consequence, you cannot take any more trifling consequences, whether physical, mental, or social.

2. Under Advancement, is there a difference between the Chapter reward "Earn one skill point" and the Story reward "One skill point"?

Only that you only get to choose one option for Chapter reward, whereas for Story reward, the skill point or whatever other option you choose is accompanied by a Refresh award.

3. Under Advancement, when you get one story advancement from the volume advancement, do you also get the refresh from the story adv. (that is, do you get a total of two refresh)?

That's a really good question. I don't know, and I expect my group'll thrash it out when we get there. But I'd like to know the author's intent, yes.

4. At what point should difficulties start getting power tiers? Would it be reasonable to take a +7 difficulty climbing test and make it +3 (E) instead or does it require that the climbing surface is squamous to increase the tiers?
5. How should an attack with the Spray or Zone Extra affect a unit of minions?

These I don't know, sorry.
LisaPadol

Re: Some questions

Postby Bagelson » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 pm

LisaPadol wrote:

Only that you only get to choose one option for Chapter reward, whereas for Story reward, the skill point or whatever other option you choose is accompanied by a Refresh award.

I've been reading it to mean that after each chapter or story end the player only gets to pick one of the listed rewards, but perhaps I should take it to mean the they get all of them? Adding an "each" to the "gets one of the following". That would mean that at a volume end the players would get two refresh (three if clearing a grievous consequence), four skill points (two chapter rewards and one story reward including a third chapter reward) and sundry other rewards. That seems a mite excessive. But otherwise if there is no difference between the Chapter and Story skill point rewards, why not just let players pick the "one chapter reward" option in the Story reward?
Bagelson

Return to The Kerberos Club (FATE Edition)