Wild Cards in WT

Roman era? Post apocalypse? 100 Acre Wood? This is the place to discuss.

Wild Cards in WT

Postby Leshrac » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:27 am

So I have been thinking about this for a Con Game.

I am not all that fond of Mutants and Mastermind or GURPS, which is the two systems it has been built into.

So anyone who knows the Wild Cards Series knows the world story the history and the background so I dont plan on writing anything on that.
(If you dont know the story read the books because they are an awesome display of collaborative writing, though they are a bit hard to get ahold of these days. A wiki introduction can be found here http://wildcards.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Cards_Wiki)

So in thinking about it what came to mind is Defining the Wild Card effects through the Archetypes.

Starting point wise I was thinking about setting all character at 250.

No matter if they are Aces, Deuces, or Jokers. The logic in this was that when I think about the series, the characters that had less power, actually seemed to have a more diverse array of skills and insights to bring to the table because they hadn't spent as much time focusing on learning how to use their powers so had to learn to better use their more human abilities better. Obviously this wouldnt count for mooks and norms that would be built on many fewer points, but simply the hero oriented characters.

So in regards to archetypes I was going to have 4 base Archetypes Available. Obviously they'd be able to be modified to fit individual characters, but this is what I had in mind:

Ace (0)
Source: Alien Disease (-5)
Permission: Power Theme (+5)

Deuce (-5)
Permission: One Power (+1)
Intrinsic: Limited Potency (-1) Powers cannot have more than 2 dice attached to them, and need to be of limited usefulness.

Joker (-5)
Permission: Power Theme (+5)
Intrinsic: Joker Mutation (-10)

Joker Deuce (-10)
Permission: One Power (+1)
Intrinsic: Limited Potency (-1) Powers cannot have more than 2 dice attached to them, and need to be of limited usefulness.
Intrinsic: Joker Mutation (-10)

Certain characters might have other based on the nature of their Joker curse, but likely the Deuces and Aces wont make many (though their are a few who do).

What do people think?
Leshrac

Re: Wild Cards in WT

Postby Leshrac » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:19 am

Oh I forgot the Color Ratings

Red 1
Gold 2 (Its even mentioned in the main book, that part of the world is 1, but when you look at it as a whole and how deuces and Jokers are treated, its more of a 2)
Blue 3 (Right out of the book on that one)
Black 2-3 (Leaning towards 3, but trying to decide still)
Leshrac

Return to Other Settings