Godlike PBP Game

For everything "Godlike" that doesn't quite fit into any of the sub forums.

Godlike PBP Game

Postby M-Type » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:25 am

Hello all, new to the forum and new to Godlike! I've been eyeing the game for a few years now, reading through the free material and getting a grasp for it, and finally purchased the full rules on PDF during an RPGnow sale.

I've set up a PBP campaign on RPOL in hopes of fostering a 'learning experience' as I we move forward. The PCs will all start Talent-less as members of the 7th Infantry Division on their first combat operations of the war: The Aleutian Island campaign. And hopefully onwards to the Southern Pacific if everyone can survive that long :D I plan on using a variation of the 'Aces High' idea for Talent generation. The 'theme' will be the standard High Realism, with a focus on Troop Play, with each player generating around 3-4 characters, which I'll supplement with my own to create a full squad if needed. The players can choose any of the survivors that Manifest Talents.

The game is called Godlike: The 7th ID, and my username on RPOL is also M-Type. If you're interested, feel free to get in contact! If you're searching for the game on RPOL, just make sure to uncheck 'Only active games requesting players' when you do so. I haven't set it 'live' yet. In accordance with the rules of RPOL, I'll need your Date Of Birth, because the game is rated as 'Adult'.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
M-Type

Re: Godlike PBP Game

Postby Shane Ivey » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:56 am

If this game gets off the ground, please let us know here or on the Cult of ORE mailing list. Good luck!
Shane Ivey
Site Admin

Postby M-Type » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:03 am

Haven't checked back here in some time...and the game did take off! I have ~7 players (6 to start, in the process of adding a new guy), one of which has just manifested his Talent ('quasi-Mind Control' aka Command 9 hyperstat) on the beaches of Attu. I can set up lurkers if any interested parties have an RPOL account.
M-Type

Postby Shane Ivey » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Very cool. I hope it's still running and people are having a good time.
Shane Ivey
Site Admin

Postby M-Type » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:58 pm

So far so good! All but one of the seven PCs have manifested their Talents (Whether this is a blessing or a curse is up for debate given that amount of emotional and physical stress I was putting the others through for their Talents to trigger), and only one guy has had permanent damage done (lost his right leg to a Japanese MG nest). He has a 'fancy' new prosthetic leg (and even though he's pushing for it, he is NOT a pirate yet) and the rest have plenty of scars to tell stories about!
M-Type

Return to General "Godlike"