Hey all, a few questions. Apologies if these have been covered in the archives, that link seems to be dead.
1. Can you choose not to use a hyperstat? I'm thinking specifically of a situation where a talent with hypercoordination, low on will, wants to shoot another talent, and to prevent a loss of will/contest of wills the shooter would rather just use their 'normal' pool.
2. Related to shooting talents with guns, do hyperskills like pistol trigger a contest of wills? What about the hyperskill of throwing? Is this like hypercoord in that it "targets" another talent or is it like hyperbody in that it lets you grab and heft an object better? (Personally I find the whole distinction wierd.)
And now a few unrelated questions:
3. If a talent has comic-book-style x-ray vision, looks through a wall, and sees an ubermenschen, does the ubermenechen know he's being watched via talent detection?
4. Detection at base cost: does this allow the talent to choose to detect different things with every use, or does it mean that when designing the talent you may choose any one specific thing that you can detect?
5. Is there a limit to the number of spray dice you can have in a Harm pool? It seems very cheesy to make a Harm power with tons of extras (i.e. electrocuting+splash+burn+spray for 13/26/52), take 1 die of it, and then buy 4 other spray dice at 3 points each.